compensation: Wages Based on Experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Experienced General Superintendent
*Job Title:* Superintendent
*Job Category:* Construction/Renovation
*Countries (State/Region):* United States
*Work Area:* FL, MS, LA, GA
*Contact:* Email Resume to Central.HRDepartment@gmail.com or Call 904-541-6166 (Leave a Message)
A construction firm working primarily on Government construction projects across the southeastern US (Primarily Florida, Louisiana, and Mississippi) is now hiring General Construction superintendents for overseeing projects with proven experience in interior/exterior building renovations, new construction, vertical construction, demolition, etc. Applicants to have prior experience managing projects on military/government installations are preferred.
• Monitors and manages all aspects of costs related to projects including budgeting
• Review and approve subcontractor/vendor invoices
• Oversees project schedule to ensure deadlines are met
• Monitors productivity and performance of their jobsite
• Manages subcontractors, suppliers and personnel on job site.
• Resolves schedule issues
• Accurately read and interpret plans and specifications of each job
• Verification & inspection of materials per project plans & specifications
• Conduct weekly onsite QC meetings between the customer, government, subcontractors, etc.
• Conduct daily worksite inspections and ensure jobsite safety.
• Prepare daily reports and document site progress, safety deficiencies, quality control deficiencies, etc.
• Estimate quantities and cost of materials, equipment, and labor.
• Review and implement all project safety, quality control, and environmental plans.
• Know the details of the job and accurately plans for upcoming work
• Know each subcontract so there is no confusion of what is to be performed by them
• Promote the highest level of professionalism and ethics
• Inputs daily timecards for projects
• Thorough knowledge of construction best practices
• Applicant MUST be willing to travel.
• Must be able to pass a background check to gain access to DoD property
• Must be able to pass a drug test
• Must be dependable and willing to work 40-50 hours per week as needed
• Must have an excellent work ethic and team oriented attitude.
• Must possess relevant experience as a Field Superintendent.
• Ability to schedule, supervise, and direct Subcontractors & field laborers.
• Ability to multi-task without impacting attention to detail or quality of the final product.
• Good Leadership skills, Communication (oral and written), and Inter-personal skills.
• Self-starter and ability to make decisions independently.
• Ability to Establish and set priorities.
• Forward thinker
• Must be able to read and interpret blueprints
• Thorough knowledge of Construction industry
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Must have computer experience including but not limited to Microsoft Outlook, Word, & Excel
• Experience as a Superintendent/QC on completed federal projects with certification a plus
• Completion of OSHA 30 Hour Safety Course a plus
• Current Certification for First Aid and CPR a plus
Wage based on experience
*Essential Experience and Job Requirements:*
Minimum of 5 years of experience and/or provide references of relevant experience.
*Other Requirement:* (e.g. Travel, Location)
Willing and able to travel up to 75% of the time within territory in order to fulfill the responsibilities of this position.
*Part-Time/Full-Time Position:* Full-Time
Contracts are already in place for a variety of projects requiring superintendents. If you cannot meet these requirements, please do not apply. Employment is contingent on e-verification, drug screening, background check, and reference check.
*Our Company proudly supports Affirmative Action. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. Applicants encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Local applicants encouraged to apply. We offer a competitive salary and opportunity for growth. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Drug-free work environment. Pre-employment drug screening required. Environmentally-responsible business. All resumes are held in confidence. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Relocation costs not covered by employer. Must be eligible to work in this country.*
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers