QR Code Link to This Post
Location: Columbia, SC
Salary $15.00 - $18.00 – Depending on Experience
Volt Workforce Solutions is hiring for a Maintenance Technician which is responsible for performing highly diversified duties including installing, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives. Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
Education and Experience Requirements
- HS Diploma or GED required.
- Associate's/Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or similar field REQUIRED!
- Minimum 1-2 years of maintenance experience required.
- Previous experience on a milling machine, lathe, and/or grinding machine.
- Ability to read blueprints and machine specifications
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Strong focus on safety compliance
Must consent to a 7 year federal criminal background check and a drug screen.
Apply at Jobs.Volt.com